An early settler, Alvin Wood, named this community in 1871. Lynn Station, or spelled Linn Station, some say, was where Lyndon derived its name. It was located on Beargrass Creek near a spot near Hurstbourne Lane and, in early years, on land owned by Colonel Richard C. Anderson. This was one of several forts or stations near Lyndon. They were all situated on branches of Beargrass Creek because it provided water for the settlers.
Lyndon, a Fourth Class city located in the East End of Jefferson County, Kentucky, was incorporated on May 10, 1965 and in 2003, Lyndon became part of the new Louisville Metro government. There are 500+ businesses in Lyndon, making up an active business association which works with the City throughout the year.
The City prides itself on Robsion Park, a 17 acre green space with walking paths and playgrounds for all to use. In 2002 the City purchased a 10+ acre property on Wood Road known as Romara Place which was once the home of Lyndon founder, Alvin Wood. An approximate 1/4 mile walking path is open to the public and benches have been placed along the path to stop and enjoy the beauty of the natural surroundings.